Fried non chicken, chicken
Here is a mouth watering option for those that want the KFC without the C. If you want this to be a chicken version then just swap the meat free alternative with that - it will turn out the same! Just make sure your chicken is cooked first. Crispy, zingy and a real treat. Let's just say the calories you have burnt from your last walk have been piled back on with this dinner. We all deserve a treat every now and then right?!
Quorn chicken strips
Cajun seasoning 1/2 tsp
Paprika seasoning 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
Sprinkle of pepper
Sprinkle of salt
Mixed dry herbs
Milk 200ml (can be plant based)
Oil (enough to shallow fry)
Bircab Soda 1/2 tsp
1) First, season your quorn chicken strips with cajun, paprika, garlic and chilli powder.
2) Pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes at 180 degrees C.
3) Heat up some oil in a pan. It should be deep enough to shallow fry (1/2 inch full). The oil should be hot enough to crisp the batter. Drop a little flour in to see if it bubbles showing the temperature is ready.
4)Whilst the strips are cooking put the flour, bicarb, pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the milk, herbs and water and give the batter a good stir. It should feel like a soupy consistency.
5) Cover the strips in the liquid then dip them in some flour.
6) Now pop these in the frying pan and shallow fry for around 2 minutes.
7) Leave these on kitchen towel to get rid of extra oil. Then enjoy!